ALBUQUERQUE GARDENING CALENDAR
- Average last frost is May 1st, cover crops if frost predicted.
- Visit Jericho for all your yard and garden needs.
- Plant tomatoes in early season plant protectors.
- Plant fruit and shade trees as well as shrubs.
- Plant dahlia, canna, gladiolus and lily bulbs.
- Plant strawberries, raspberries, currant, grapes, asparagus, potatoes and hardy herbs
- Plant ornamental grasses.
- Replace high pollen producing plants if you’re allergic to them.
- Fertilize spring flowering bulb, do not remove green leaves until they turn brown.
- Sod or seed cool season lawns.
- Treat for grubs now and again in August.
- Apply Bonide Crabgrass and Weed Preventer pre-emergent weed control to perennial beds and lawns.
- Prune spring flowering shrubs as they finish blooming.
- Prune frost damage on roses and grapes.
- Inspect for pinion scale and early aphids and treat as recommended.
- Inspect and repair drip irrigation in garden and sprinkler system in lawn areas.
- Revitalize garden beds with compost.
- New selection of roses arrive at Jericho.